Monday, May 15, 2006

Teaching my boy

Teaching Justin is very difficult. He is very smart and smart enough to know what we are trying to do. If we try to teach him something, he rebels. The same with potty training. We have to walk such a fine line with him.

So, I need to try something new.

Tomorrow will be the start of color days. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this on my own. But, I didn't. I am stealing this from a mom at My Gym. So, I pulled out 3 orange shirts for tomorrow. Tomorrow will be orange day. Then we'll have a red day, a blue day, a green day, etc. I will teach this kid his colors, dang it. I will do it. This should help a lot.

We are also going to have to figure out what to do with potty training. Not sure what to do. But I need to figure out something. He needs to be potty trained in order to go to preschool in Sept. Unfortunately, even though he knows when he needs to go, he just doesn't care. He doesn't want to stop doing something to pee on the potty. He only wants to hide in his room while he poops. And he doesn't care if he pees in his pants and sits in wet pants all day. Ugh! I need to figure out what makes this kid tick. LOL Last time we tried undies, he threw a fit when I tried to change his wet pants. He never throws fits, so it was time to change plans and back off. It's been a while. I will need to start again at some point or he won't be going to school in Sept.

No comments: