of motherhood. I love my children more than anything in the world. I would do anything for them. They mean everything to me.
That said-
How come something that is so darn wonderful as being a mother can also be so difficult? Why is it that the 2 people that make life so worth living, also make you come close to losing your mind?
Being a mother is the best thing that could have ever happened to me! I love being a mom! I love my children. They are so good, so happy and so content, in general.
But, boy is it a challenge to be a mother. The constant demand. The whining that never seems to end. The constant struggle with trying to feed them something they like and to potty train them.
Seriously, part of the problem is that mothers are pulled in so many different directions. No matter how little time one has, the laundry still needs to be done, the dishes need to be cleaned, food needs to be cooked and little people always need baths. Even as a stay at home mom to my kids, I find it difficult to find the time to stop working and to just play with my kids and enjoy them. I try. But it is challenging.
The biggest problem? The lack of sleep. My baby girl is a year old and I am still exhausted. Why can't she just sleep through the night? Why does Justin still need us to find his binkies and to tuck him in whenever he wakes up at night? I am tired. I love my kids more than anything in the world, but I don't need to go to them all night long. I need to sleep. I need to go to bed knowing I can sleep through the night. I need to sleep through the night.
The cruel irony - the very things in life that are so wonderful that you want to cry because you love them so much, make you cry because you can't get enough sleep - year after year! And yet, you are so happy and content knowing that they love you so much that your mere presence to them in the middle of the night is the greatest of comforts to them! The cruel irony!
Friday, May 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So true, so true. I totally can identify with this post!!
Post a Comment