Saturday, May 20, 2006

One year ...

Sarah is one year old. How can a year go by so fast? Amazing!

Some memories of the past year:
- Sarah was born on a Monday at 5:07 pm. My water broke that morning at 7:03 while I was peeing on the potty. Michael had just left for work at 7. LOL
- When Sarah was in the hospital, she started to get a very red tushy. But her skin was so red in general that no one seemed to care. When we got her home, I realized that she had horrible diarrhea and was getting a horrible diaper rash. So, by 4 days old, I put her on Alimentum. That cleared the diarrhea. But then I was left with that diaper rash. For 9 days she was left with her tushy exposed to the air. And we tried every ointment under the sun. It was a horrible 9 days. I just wanted to be able to snuggle my girly and to dress her in little pink clothes. I was so sad.
- Sarah was a great sleeper when she was young. At 8 weeks, I stopped feeding her at night. And she slept all night. We had her in her car seat. She slept without crying at all.
- As she got older, Sarah had a much harder time sleeping. She needed to be snuggled for a minute or two; she needed her binky 15 times a night. I was exhausted!
- Sarah has always lit up with a day brightening smile everytime she sees Justin.
- Sarah is a daddy's girl. She loves him to the utmost.
- On Christmas Eve, Michael dressed up as Santa. Sarah stared at him as if she knew. She kept staring up at him as if saying "Daddy why are you wearing that?" So cute!

Happy Birthday Sarah! I love you!

I'll have to continue later. I need to get to bed...

No comments: