Tuesday, September 09, 2008

My new preschooler!

So I know I did the right thing. We went to the new school this morning. Sarah liked it. I liked it. There are 4 classes and they rotate b/w the 4 classrooms each day. She will be in Ms Robin's class with Lexi and will start in the activity/craft classroom.

They are totally leaving the potty thing up to Sarah. They will do things at her pace. I will send her in pull-ups and they will bring her potty as needed. I can send a ring in and I am to send pull-ups and wipes in her bag each day. They will even change her if she poops. Wow.

They seem like a great school. They already gave me a calendar with all the planned projects for Sept.

I had to commit for the school year so I decided to cancel her spot at St Marys instead of going to that orientation. I dropped Sarah at Grammy's house while I went to tell them there. So, while Sarah would have been at orientation with me, she was at Grammy's pooping in her pants. Yup. I consider that a major sign that I did the right thing.

KIcker is that she peed on the potty twice tonight without the ring. She likes the new trick that Justin taught her. But, that aside, she still isn't trained. She might have been able to go to St Mary's, but I know I was meant to send her to the new place instead.

Check out my new preschooler.






Class starts Thurs. We'll see how she does with her anxiety issues.

Oh...and I almost forgot. I called my mom on the way home from her school to tell her I wanted to drop Sarah at her house and go alone to cancel her school. Sarah started crying in her carseat "No. Don't cancel school! Don't cancel school."
I explained I wanted to cancel the school that wouldn't let her use her potty ring but I wanted to keep her at the school we had just been to. I asked "Is that ok?" She sighed. "Oh, ok."

No comments: