Saturday, September 06, 2008

I am freaking out!

I am absolutely on the verge of freaking the hell out!

My baby boy has one more day at home. ONE. Just one. Then he starts school. Full days. How is this possible? How is he now longer a little kid who spends the day at home with Mommy? I don't understand where the time has gone. I will so very much miss the days at home with him. Yes, I do get excited to see him doing new things and to see him grow up, but I will miss the hell out of his little years. I love being a SAHM and it has been the best 5 years of my life. And a huge part of that is ending on Monday morning when we drop him off at school. It is sad. It is exciting. It is terrifying! It is just too soon. I miss having a little 2 year boy chasing me around as I try to hold his newborn baby sister. Yes, they are more fun now, but those were some very special times.

I am so very thankful that I have been able to be a SAHM and that I have been able to watch him grow up.

I have no clue how I will feel on Monday. I will be a wreck. But that is also b/c of the whole Sarah situation with school. (She is not potty trained enough to go. I don't think she will be able to. We'll see...) But I will also be a wreck spending my day wondering what my baby boy is doing and if my baby boy is behaving. And I will wonder how he is doing with tucking his shirt in and pulling his pants back up with his belt. I will wonder if he's going to eat his lunch. I will wonder if he's talking too much and if he's being to bossy to the other kids. I will be wondering if he's happy or if he's sad. I will be so worried.

Why does time have to go by so fast?

No comments: