And we are only 2 days into Kindergarten.
I went with Sarah to the bus stop to pick up Justin today. I decided to take the van since it had rained so much today and I didn't want to get caught in another downpour. So, the first couple of buses went by. And then another bus. And as the bus went by, I see Justin's little face looking out the window at me. Ugh!! Are you kidding me?
Luckily I had the van. Otherwise I would have had to run home and call the bus company.
I went up the hill hoping to catch the bus at Emily and Ian's house. Nope. They were already off the bus. I stopped and yelled to Emily that Justin was still on the bus. She couldn't stop the driver though. Ugh!
So up the other hill. Do you know how hard it is to catch a bus driver's attention? Luckily I got him at the next stop and told him he missed my son's stop. Justin came up front and came and hugged me. The driver wouldn't let me have him until he talked to someone b/c I wasn't at the stop. More proof that I am not a screamer b/c I did not scream at him. Finally he checked the list and saw the stop and Justin's name and let me have him.
Really, enough Justin school drama already!
Drama aside - he had another good day and was all smiles again. He seems very happy about school. He got tired tonight, but I think that was more b/c he woke up at 6am than it was about school.
He seems to really like it. One awesome thing is that the 4th graders are the ones who help out at lunch. Emily volunteered for this whole week and she was able to request Justin's class. So awesome.
Oh, but back to Emily --- yeah, I had given Emily $5 to Borders as a thank you for agreeing to watch for Justin on the bus. So how funny is it that as she got off at her bus stop, she walked by him and said "bye Justin" and kept going. lol She made sure he got on the bus and then started reading and didn't pay attention to anything. So funny. Poor kid felt really bad though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment