Friday, September 19, 2008

Justin and school

Justin's teacher saw me this morning when I was dropping Justin off and told me that he made her laugh a lot yesterday. They were doing stations and he told her "I love this switcheroo!" and waved his finger in a circle. I was glad that she was able to at least see a little of the side of him that we love.

They have had 2 projects this week where they needed to draw pictures of themselves. The first one was themselves dressed in a costume. Of course, he drew himself in a Batman costume, complete with a bataring and a long cape. Today's project was draw themselves at a party. Again, yup, his as Batman. I asked him "what kind of party was it? A Halloween party?" His answer "just a party." lol

He was in music class when he was 3 with a boy named Emmerick. They were together from Sept - May. So, anyway, Justin hadn't seen Emmerick in over a year and he totally forgot him. Somehow, I am sure with his mom's prodding, Emmerick remembers Justin. Well they are in different classes, but they play at recess. I am still lmao everyday that Justin talks about him and calls him "my friend from music class." Justin just CANNOT remember his name.

So this week Justin is sitting at the circle table with Lila, Vanessa and Christopher. Christopher sits across from him. I have asked him about Christopher several times and he never knows who I am talking about. So yesterday Christopher saw Justin when I was walking Justin into school. "Hey Justin, do you think we should just wait here? The teacher is probably coming soon." I couldn't help but think - typical Justin, never knowing the other kid's names yet they know him. So later that night Justin tells me "Hey, a kid from soccer is in my class! He's not on my team, but he's on the brown team." I ask more and get "I remembered him b/c of his red hair." All I could think was - you played his team 2 weeks ago and have now been in school with him since then. He is sitting across from you and just now you recognized him? Honestly, it just cracks me up and proves that Justin is not always looking around and taking notes. lol Yet, if he wants to pay attention, he's doesn't forget a thing and nothing gets past him. Funny.

Oh, and last week Jenna and Justin told me that they sat together at the oval table. I was so confused. I had been in the room and only remembered rectangular tables. This week Justin told me that he's at the circle table. WTH? So when I went in for recess and lunch duty, I realized that the teacher has the shapes in the middle of the table for the table names. Ohhhhh.....

No comments: