Not what I expected...
And I am so very sick of all the trips to the doctor. They are very nice people, but I am really tired of seeing them so often!
Her rash started coming back last night. I talked to the doctor this morning. That still fits the pattern. It can come and go for a few months. Continue benadryl and claritan.
She has been having TONS of very puffy mosquito bites. I noticed what looked to be another one this morning. Then it got bigger. And harder. Then it started leaking puss. Off to the doctor's this afternoon. Spider bite. Benadryl for now. If it gets bigger, antiobiotics. Good grief, this poor kid.
And while there, I learned that her test results from last week came in (after I talked to her this morning.) Sarah is allergic (although mild) to peanuts and cashews. Fine with tree nuts. Allergic to milk. Actually though, the test was taken while she was on benadryl so who knows!
I am SO glad she did that test. Sarah eats pb&j 2 times a day pretty much every day. That's gotta change.
Not sure about the milk thing. It was the rasp test or whatever it is called. She told me she wasn't sure if it was actually an allergy, or just showing her intolerance. She told me to keep giving her the lactose milk for now. Why would it say allergy if it was an intolerance? But at least a milk allergy won't kill her. But I also need to stop all the rash crap that keep going on and on and on.
This sucks. There was already so much she couldn't eat. And I need to be so much more careful. And the poor kid is such a picky eater.
I have an appt with an allergist at the end of the month. I am going to call tomorrow to tell them she tested positive and I would like to get her in even quicker if I can.
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment