Monday, July 07, 2008

Potty training?

I wasn't planning on it, but I guess we are there now. Until now Sarah was totally against the thought of using the potty. But then she got a rash. So Saturday morning we needed to let her air dry her tushie. And guess what? It started to click! I am still shocked. Not sure where we'll go from here, but I think she's on her way...

I went into this without talking about the potty or potty training...

Day 1-
she used the potty without being asked.
One accident.

Day 2-
One accident.
She used the potty maybe 5 or 6 times, but only put in 1 drop each time. Major stage fright!
She sat on the potty for about 10 minutes. When she stood up to walk away, Justin yelled "Sarah, get back on the potty. You have poop coming out."
Sure enough, she pooped on the floor behind the potty while he said it.
She kept sitting on the potty and then walking away. The 5th time, she begged me for a pull-up. I told her she couldn't b/c of her rash. She walked upstairs and put a drop in the potty!

Day 3-
Peed in the potty once. But it was about 3 tsp, way more than before!
One accident.
Held it a lot I guess.

I am excited, but nervous b/c we leave for vacation in 2 weeks.

We'll see....

No comments: