Monday, July 14, 2008

I love his imagination!




Justin has always had a great imagination and I don't write about it enough. For 2 days now he has insisted on wearing his Buzz Lightyear costume all day. Inside. Outside.

At one point Grammy said "Oh, look, it's Buzz lightyear!" Justin responded "No. I'm an astronaut."
Not too long afterwards, I said "Oh, hello Mr Astronaut!" Justin responded "No. I am Buzz Lightyear."
Whatever. I can't keep up.

Anyway, he now has a fun new game. The playset is his rocketship. He is the captain. Sarah, Ian and I were the fellow astronauts. We sit on the swings while he climbs up and drives the ship. Then we land on a planet and he and Ian would go off in their rover (Justin's truck) and explore the planet. Today we travled to Mars, Venus, Mudlip and some other strange lands. And while on the those lands, they would drive the rover over to our tree. Then they would stand up on the rover and pull leaves and berries (we have berries on our tree? Who knew?) off the tree and collect them. Then he'd drive over to me and show me what he found. Yup. That's right. He found evidence that we could go back to Earth. Like on Wall-E. Way too cute. He did this for several hours. All the while dressed in a longsleeved, long pants, Buzz Lightyear costume. Did I mention it was very hot and humid out today? lol

No comments: