Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I guess it's real

You know, one day you get pregnant. A long pregnancy later, you give birth to this beautiful baby. For me, my first baby was a boy. So tiny. 5 lbs, 1 oz. So short. Only 17 1/2 inches. He couldn't suck and wouldn't eat. We had to feed him with a syringe. And then he grew up...

He started smiling and laughing. He got teeth. He grew hair. It turned curly. He was fun to play with and fun to hug and cuddle. And many cuddles and many books later, he is ready for school. Kindergarten. OMG! How did this happen? What happened to that cute, tiny little curly headed boy? How did he grow up into this life-loving, happy-go-lucky little man? Ok, so maybe not a man. But, omg, he is growing up!

We were informed yesterday at the dentist that his two bottom, middle teeth are loose. What? He's just a baby!

And I now realize that I need to shop for uniforms to send him off to Kindergarten. Yesterday I bought him a lunchbox. Batman. I figured he'd love it. And now I need to buy him uniforms. This is insane.

Don't get me wrong. I love my little man. He is so sweet, and so funny and just a darling little man. But it is all happening way too fast! I want to freeze time for a while. I am missing the past 5 years already. Once school starts, it's just going to go by even faster. How sad and how happy all at the same time.

I love you my little man!

No comments: