Wow! We no longer have a child sleeping in a crib! I am still in shock. But I can't stop smiling every time I picture Sarah in her toddler bed. We had waited on making the big move b/c she never even considered trying to break out of or into her crib. Nope. She just loved her crib, but always waited for us to take her out of it. But, it was time. She's almost 3. We were also waiting b/c we were just going to give her Ian's bed when he got his big bed. Well, I got tired of waiting, sort of. And Mick & I both really wanted her to have a girl bed. So, we went to Babies R Us today and got her the white toddler bed. So cute and so perfect for a little girl. And she picked out her own toddler bedding set - Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, of course!
When we got home, we all put the bed together and put it in her room. I took the crib right out. She loved her bed. Nap time. We put her down. In a few minutes, she started crying. Then she was trying to open her door. Some more crying. Finally I went in to see what she wanted. She ran right back to her bed saying "My sleeping bag fell!" Her comforter was on the floor. lol So, she got back into bed and I put her lovey blankie on her, then her Mickey Mouse and tucked her in. I checked the video monitor a few minutes later and she was fast asleep! And tonight - asleep wihtout a sound. Wow! I guess she really was ready.
After her nap, I was hanging in the kitchen and I got a big hug from her when she came by. I told her I was so happy for her that she is my big girl with a big girl bed. She smiled so big. "My Mickey Mouse bed! I love it! It's my favorite!"
Isn't she great?
Oh, and after her nap she proved me wrong. I was expecting her to get right up and yell to get out of her room. Nope. She stayed in her bed as if it was her crib, and played dolly, rubbed lovey, read books, drank some water, etc, for 40 minutes before I finally went in to get her up. Amazing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment