Sarah is really amazing me with her vocabulary. A couple weeks ago I sat down and made a list in her journal of all her words. In 10 minutes, I was up to almost 90 words. Then I remembered some more. And since then she has learned at least 20 new words. Amazing.
Her favorites right now - Hold me!, Apple, Binky (said usually as Binky! Binky! Binky!), Blankie (also said in the Blankie, Blankie, Blankie way), Justy, Up, Milk, Water, Show, Calliou, George (we say - "Sarah, say Curious." Sarah says "George!" lol) and of course Mommy!
She is now finally calling Grammy "Mimi" and Grammy is very happy about this.
She will sit in her thinking chair now and call out "show!" just like Justin. Ugh!
As soon as she hears the bath water running, she will run to the bathroom yelling "Bath!" and try to lift her shirt over her head.
I love that she has so many, many food words. I love knowing that she wants something, especially b/c she is so darn picky and lets you know it. Give her something she doesn't want and you will be yelled at "NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!" So, I am glad she can now ask for : banana, grape, apple, egg, cracker, popcorn, pizza, corn, pea, etc. Not so happy she can say : cake, cookie. LOL
Sometimes I love when she runs to my leg and says "Hold you!" like she did to me at music class this week. Not so happy when she runs to my legs and says "Hold you" when I am trying to cook or write something. lol
This has nothing to do with words, but my favorite part of music class is when it is quiet time. The moms have to not say anything during an instrumental song. During this time, I lay down on my stomach and often put my head in my arms to rest. Sarah always looks at me weird and then ends up laying down on my back. I love it! I love when she does that! She will usually get on my back and then off my back about 10 different times during the song.
Back to the words - of course, some of my favorites are her phrases:
I Love you, I love you Justy, Up Above the World, How I wonder, (both from Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, of course), I love you XXX (She says I love you and gives 3 kisses like her dolly does)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment