Sarah started taking Kindermusic classes this summer. It was so much fun to watch her in these classes. Sr. Patty asked us to journal the babies progress over the fall. So I figured I would just add things to my blog.
When Sarah started the classes in the beginning of July, she loved the first class. She laughed when we danced, she got off my lap and explored the room, she talked a lot and she smiled a lot.
The following week everything changed. For 4 weeks she wouldn't get off of my lap. She would cry everytime I left her on the floor while I stood up. She'd cry if I went to put a toy away. She was very unsure of things and it showed.
By nature Sarah is very timid and cautious. She seems to be very happy and fun and talkative, but only when she is comfortable. Sr Patty thinks that she might have done something or said something to scare Sarah after the first class. Sarah still seems timid of her, but definitely more comfortable by the 5th class. She actually got off of my lap, played with some instruments, laughed and talked and explored.
Today was the 6th and last class. She again was very happy to be there and fine about getting off of my lap. It was so fun to see her changing and enjoying it so much.
We will be taking classes in the fall with Ms Vici and I am very curious to see how Sarah will be. Ms Vici's personality is very different from Sr Patty's so I am very curious to see if Sarah will be shy and timid again or happy and outgoing.
Right now we (Mick & I) know that Sarah loves music. For at least the last 7 months, anytime Sarah cries, Mick, Justin or I will sing Itsy Bitsy Spider to her and she stops crying. I love that she responds that way to it. Justin will actually tell us to sign to her if she starts crying. So cute.
Justin signs Twinkle Twinkle Little Star a lot. About a month ago, Sarah started to sing along. She can't pronounciate the words, but you can tell that is what she is singing. She'll sing the "How I wonder" and "Up above the world" parts. So cute. Now she is just starting to sing "Up above" over and over. She really likes those words. And they are starting to be pronounciated correctly.
Justin's favorite singer is Laurie Berkner. Unfortunately he broke his dvd a few months ago. After getting a new one for his birthday, Mick put it on the other day. Sarah went crazy. She whined for Mick to pick her up. And then he had to carry her and dance with her the whole time. She couldn't stop smiling. It even seemed like she was starting to sing "it says" each time at the correct time. (during "I'm Gonna Catch you.") But she really enjoyed the songs a lot! We will have to play it more often.
There is also a song that Mick sings a lot that goes "Uhhhhhhh...Na na na na.." Now everytime Mick says "Uhhhh..." Sarah will sing "na na na na" and smile.
That's all I can think of for now.
And just for my own interest I should add that I love how much Justin loves music. There are so many songs that he knows the words to and I love that. He really loves music and it is a very big part of his life.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment