Monday, August 21, 2006

Potty training - Good news and bad news

Well, we started letting Justin run around the house with no pants on. And he has made it to the potty on time every time. Not even close to having an accident. And I have learned that he can go a very long time between trips to the bathroom.

And - our big news - the other night he pooped on the potty! We made a huge deal of it. We called Grammy, Grandma and Aunt Rosemary. Then the next night we went to Toys R Us and let him pick out a toy. We were so excited! And he was so happy.

Today he did great all morning while naked. Then when his friend showed up, I put him in underwear and pants. A little while later he told me he had to pee. While in there, he said he might have to poop. So we sat him down and he pooped!!! Yeah! I went to my bucket of garage sale match box cars and let him pick one out. He choose a fire truck with a ladder.

Later, when he was watching Sam leave, he peed in his undies and made a puddle on the floor. I cleaned it up. Then he wanted to help, so I let him. Big mistake! Later, he peed on the floor so he could clean it up. So, not sure what tomorrow will bring on that front.

We are doing better with him being in the regular undies though. The training undies were no discomfort to him at all. He doesn't like the wet legs with these undies though. So we are going in the right direction.

Also, the other night, at 5 am, he called me to bring him pee pee. He went and then fell back asleep. Awesome job Justin!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yay Justin!!!