Monday, September 04, 2006

Some sleep changes

Strange, but Sarah completely changed her sleep pattern about 9 days ago. I usually got her up around 7:30, she'd eat and play and then nap. Well, for 3 days in a row, when I got her up and tried to feed her, she just screamed at me. She cried and cried, so I put her back to bed. She napped immediately and didn't get out of her crib until about 9:30. Since then I let her stay in her crib until she yells for me. If she stirs early, I ignore it. Everyday she's stayed in her room late and had thus skipped the morning nap. So, so strange. She didn't really drop the morning nap b/c she's still sleeping. So strange. This will help things when Justin starts school next week and we need to leave the house earlier though.

I have also decided I need to change the nap routines a little. Justin no longer wants to go to bed at night. His bedtime had gotten way too late for our liking. So, I have started putting Sarah down for her nap first while Justin still plays for a while. Then I put him down at least 45 minutes later. If he plays in his room, great. If he naps, fine. But it should help to shorten his nap. I hope! I am tired of the late bedtime.

Well, Mick starts back to work tomorrow. Summer vacation was nice while it lasted. We are so darn lucky to have so much time with him throughout the year. He looked at his calendar. Before next summer vacation, he will have 5 weeks off. Yippee! This time means so much to our kids! We are just so lucky! But, for now, I am bummed he's going back to work. I fear that my days will be long.

No comments: