Monday, September 04, 2006

Communication

I love the new communication I have with Sarah.

She know has been telling us when she is hungry. The first time was the other day. I was in the kitchen doing something. She went to the drawer, pulled out a bib, and looked up at me "highchair." I was leaving the room to bring something into her room. She followed me, trying to put the bib over her head, looking at me saying "highchair!" When we went back to the kitchen, she went to her highchair, still trying to get the bib over her head, now yelling at me "Highchair!" Guess she was hungry!

She did it again today when we were ready to leave the house. She wanted lunch early. Who knew? Sarah did - "Highchair!"

As for Justin:
Tonight I had put Justin to bed. About 20 minutes later he called for me. Yeah, yeah, same old, same old. I took my time. When I finally got to his room, he was standing by his door and peaked his head around. He whispered “mommy, I am ready to go pee pee.” As I lifted him to his changing table to take off his nighttime diaper, he was all sad “mommy, it is hard to be little.” Ahhhhh.....

No comments: