Thursday, August 28, 2008

Not sure what else I can do

The girl has got a mind of her own. And, in her mind, she wants to be able to pee and poop in her pants. (when we are not home)

She did better this week with using the potty in public.
And she did great with ditching the little potty for the big potty. She hasn't yet pooped on the big potty, but she hasn't complained and asked for the little one either. I didn't even plan on taking away the little potty, but she walked by it for the big potty so I hid them to see what she'd do. And she hasn't asked for the once.

So today I figured I'd bite the bullet and bring her shopping in her undies. Off to Target we went. I took the kids potty when we got there. She couldn't go. All through the store I asked her if she had to go and I kept checking her. On the way to the checkout we stopped at the potty again. As I took her out of the cart, I realized she was wet. GGGRRRR!!!! So I wouldn't let them have pretzels. I was so unfair to Justin, but it was easier to listen to him cry than listen to her scream if I gave him one and not her. And, besides, I knew if I gave him one, he'd give some to her. I wouldn't be mean to her, but I know she can stay dry if she wants to. I have to find a way to convince her she wants to stay dry.

So, off to Walmart. Halfway through shopping, we stopped at the potty and she peed. Yeah! So after shopping, I got them a pretzel. Phew! Better trip than it could have been.

Then tonight we had soccer. I wanted so badly to put her in undies, but she has pooped at EVERY soccer practice so far, so I put on the pull-up. Sure enough, not 2 minutes into the practice she was squatting and pooping. UGH! Since it was one of the biggest poops I had ever seen, I put her in undies after that. She peed. I am just so fed up with it.

She is supposed to start school in a week and a half. In undies. How the hell is she ever gonna be able to stay in school? I don't know what else to do. She is completely capable of doing this, yet has no desire at all when we walk out of our house. I have 11 days to try and work on this. I have to start bringing her out when I can in undies now that she will at least sit on the big potties (with her small seat). Before she used to scream everytime I'd mention it. So I am getting there, but I am still so upset and just want to cry.

Say some prayers. Send some mojo this way to convince Sarah she wants to be a big girl! Please!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Come on Sarah! You can do it.