Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Some tidbits

Justin -

Still playing his piano everyday and obsessed with singing and music. He is just dying to get his grand piano for graduation!

He is still such a sweet little lovey at times. I will miss his need to snuggle when he's older. He is just so precious and sweet. I chaperoned his field trip last week. We went to Washington Park and then to the Palace to see "If you give a pig a pancake." OH my....during the play he insisted that I had my arm around his back. Every time I took my hand away to clap, he'd grab my arm and force it behind him again. It was just amazing. He needed to be so close.

I have decided that this year I will have 2 parties for Justin. The Saturday before his bday will be a party for the boys in his class. If it's nice out, that will be awesome. If not, I will need to get a little more creative. But, I don't want to plan too much. He really just wants to play. He wouldn't want a party full of scheduled stuff. He wants to run around and play.


Sarah -

When we made the awesome drive down the hill and we got your first glimpse of Saratoga Lake on Sunday, Justin yelled "Saratoga Lake!" And Sarah yelled "My Name Lake!!!" Does it get any sweeter than that? She really is my Saratoga-Girly-Girl. Ohh, and that's a nickname I probably never remembered to post before. I call her that a lot.

I am SO very, very happy she ended at her preschool. She is loving it. And I am loving it. I love all her teachers. I love everything about it. (Well, except that I don't get to chat with the moms everyday.) When I think back to her October crying fits and her winter stress about her school recess, I cannot believe this is the same girl. The last couple weeks Ms Robin keeps telling me that "We have a Chatty Cathy on our hands today. Not in a bad way though. She just has a lot to say when I am getting things ready." That makes me so happy. But last week, Robin told me "If she tells you that I am talking about her, don't worry, it's nothing bad. I just can't stop telling the teachers how far she has come this year. She's like a completely different girl from the crying to now." Oh, I am so happy. It is true. I totally see it. But it's so great to hear it from her teacher. Oh, and she LOVES outdoor recess now. She goes in the sandbox each day and ends up FILTHY! Today her white socks were pretty much brown, her pink Yankees jacket was covered in dirt and she had dirt smeared on her face. What a site!

No comments: