Tuesday, February 03, 2009

"Goodbye Mommy & Sarah"

Everyday. Still. We are 5 months into school now and Justin still walks backwards down the hallway everyday as he says "Goodbye Mommy & Sarah! Goodbye Mommy & Sarah, Goodbye Mommy & Sarah...." At least 15-25 times each day. And at the corner, he stops and yells "I love you Mommy & Sarah!" Every day. It can be annoying. But it is so darn sweet. I will miss these days when he is older and he won't even want to be seen with me. I will I could bottle up this boy's love and hold onto it forever. He loves me so much. And it is heartbreaking to think of how he'll be too cool to care in 5 years. But, for now, everyday I hear him yell to me that he loves me!

****
And, I must add that so many people know him as the kid that does this.
The 1st grade teacher has laughed with me and told me "It is a nice thing to hear everyday." Mrs Chmiel has told Justin that "No one gets sick of hearing that they are loved." And I have overheard some 1st graders talking about the fact that he does that every single day...still...lol

No comments: