Hmmm....let's see. Where do I start?
Ok, the last post was about Sarah's sleeping. So, let's go there. We decided to make her cio and learn to not need mommy so much. She did well. Then on Sat night everything went wrong. Both kids have been sick with coughs (Dh too). When I checked on her at midnight - OMG! The smell!! She had thrown up all over her crib and herself. There was tons and it was everywhere! Mick & I changed her and I had Mick hold her while I started the laundry. Then I held her. Ugh - the smell. We had to wash her hair quickly. She stunk. Ends up that Mick heard her coughing hard around 10pm. Then her thought he heard her throw up. But he dismissed it. So, after 2 hours or rolling around in her own vomit, it had dried all over her hair. So, anyway, I kept trying to put her back down to sleep but she wouldn't let me. And I didn't want her to cio, since no matter what she wasn't feeling well. Around 2:30 am I attempted for the 4th time to put her in her crib. She wasn't as mad as before. I ended up telling her I'd stay and lie on her floor. Thus began my attempt to escape!
I felt like a fool trying to escape from my daughter's room. Truth be told, I was exhausted and could have slept on her floor, but the smell and sight of all the vomit had made me feel really sick to my stomach. So..
I inched my body towards the door. First inch. Sarah lifts her head to see me. Crap! Two minutes later, second inch. Sarah lifts her head to see me. Good grief. I was trying to be so quiet. Third inch. Sarah lifts her head to see me. Fourth inch. Nothing from Sarah. Hmmm.... My escape took 25 minutes. I ended up pulling myself along the hardwood floor (once I got off the rug) like an army crawl. I ended up outside her room. I stood up. I wanted to pee. Sarah sat right up to see me. Oh crap. I leaned against the wall so she couldn't see me. I didn't breathe. I inched my way into the bathroom. I peed. Then later when I went to close her door, she heard and got mad. Crying. Oh crap. It was now after 3am. I was so tired. I ran to my room and watched her on the monitor. She cried for a couple minutes but that was it. Thank God!
After that she would freak out when I went to put her in her crib for nap or bedtime. It took her several days to get over it. Luckily she did.
Hmmm....
Playgroup today was interesting. It was at Sarah's house. Amy, Suzy and I were there. Amy's son hit his head on the doorjam and bleed -- a LOT! We had to call 911. He had to go to the ER. Her other son had to stay behind at Sarah's. It was an interesting event to say the least. I felt so bad for Amy. She couldn't help but freak out. It was awful.
Hmmm.....
Justin's conversation with me on the way home from playgroup:
J: Mommy, Sarah is my twin.
Me: Really? Your twin?
J: Yes, that was the name I decided to call us. Do you like it?
M: Yes Justin, that is very nice.
Hmmm...
lately Justin keeps telling me we need another baby. When I ask why, he answers "So that Sarah can have a baby to play with."
Hmmm...
I hosted Cooking Club last week and Justin was so funny. There were 2 crawling babies. And Justin took it upon himself to "babysit" them. His word. He was so cute. One of the moms asked for something to put behind the baby to spot her sitting on the floor. I got 2 blankets and then Justin showed up with his blankets from his bed. So sweet.
Hmmm...
Sarah had her first time out last week. Now Justin wants to put her in a time out all the time. It is annoying. Funny. But annoying.
Hmmm...
I can't think of anything else right now.
Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment