I hadn't posted, but I need to before I forget...
Mar 20 after bedtime I heard Sarah cough several times with what sounded like the croup cough. Then around 11:15 I heard it again and decided to give her a treatment while she slept. That just freaked her out and made it much, much worse. She went into a full croup attack and couldn't breathe.
I had to call and wake my mom and have her go with me to the ER. We waited quite a while. It sucked. Luckily, the barking cough stopped right before we go to the hospital. My mom had managed to calm her down right as we were pulling into the parking lot. So that was great. But she was still struggling and wheezing a lot.
When they finally did call us in, they didn't even have a room for us. We ended up in a bed next to the registration desk. It wasn't good. No chairs for me or Grammy. And Sarah was so tired. When the pulmanist came to treat her, she wouldn't even answer his questions. She was just half asleep.
Eventually, around 2 am or so, they gave her the first dose of steriods. OMG! She went insane. To say that she woke up is an understatement. She was wired. She sang. And sang. And sang. And played, talking to herself, very loudly.
When we got home, it was around 4am and I was exhausted. Sarah was wired. She played in her bed, loudly for a long time before she finally fell asleep. I had been so afraid to even bring her home b/c she had been so loud at the hospital. I had to go into her and remind her to be quiet. It was bad. She eventually fell asleep. Me? I fell asleep around 4:30 or so. And, of course, Sarah was awake by 6:30 am. Insane!
But, we just treated her with steriods and albuteral for the week and she was all better! Thank God!
I was supposed to bring her to her doctor for a follow-up, but I never did. The one nurse had said it would be ok not to if she seemed fine. And she was fine. So I didn't take the time. I hope that was ok.
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment