Kids can be so amazing sometimes.
Last Friday Justin and I were talking before bedtime and he jumped up and went to his cross and prayed something like "Dear God, please help me to be superstar of the week. I haven't been superstar of the week yet and it looks like a lot of fun." I sort of tried to explain that we shouldn't always ask for things like that and blah, blah, blah.
Tonight I was asking him about how he got a feather check today. That means he did something extra good and got to eat lunch with his teacher. I was working recess today and when I got to the lunch, I was looking for him and was so confused b/c I couldn't see him anywhere. A few minutes later, he shows up behind me with his teacher and they told me about it. So tonight I asked him more. And he told me that he was the only one at his table paying attention and having eye contact and something like that. Not really sure. Anyway he did great with his reading at that point and she gave him a feather check. So he ate lunch with her and then she brought him down so he could go out for recess.
So, tonight as we talked about it he told me that if someone gets a feather check, they do something really good like ____ or ____ and sometimes they are superstar of the week. Then he stopped, jumped out of bed, ran to his cross and said "I totally forgot. Connor said I will never get to be superstar of the week." To which I was upset of course, thinking, How dare he say that. But, what Justin really meant was that Connor said it about himself. He continued "So I told him I would pray for him." Then he prayed "Dear God, please help Connor to be superstar of the week. He thinks he will never get to be superstar and you can help him" or something along those lines.
And he never once mentioned that maybe he would be superstar this week or worried or hoped for himself. Very cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment