Monday, January 26, 2009

More Sarah croup

Just writing it here in case I need to remember the details later.

Sarah woke up Sunday night at midnight with croup again. This time we had the nebulizer ready and were able to give her the albuteral. It helped and she slept the rest of the night. I definitely still heard it somewhat in the morning so I gave her 2 more treatments - one around noon and one around 6 pm. I am praying she sleeps easily through the night!

Thinking back -
I think that when we went to the allergist in Sept that he thought her croup might be caused by asthma. But, since she had gone a whole year w/o an attack, I hadn't paid enough attention and can't remember for sure. I do remember she tested negative for every single allergy they tested her for. Before that, I had assumed it was an allergy croup since the claritan had appeared to help. We has started her on claritan for the croup back around June of 2007. After that, she hadn't had any more attacks.

Until Dec.

I will verify the notes in her file when I go to the allergist for my shots tomorrow. I need to know if I am correct that he suspected asthmatic croup.

I have an appt with an ENT next Tuesday to see if there is anything physically wrong that could be causing this. I need to know where to follow up if she is cleared as normal with that doctor.

Both in Decemeber and now, she had a runny nose at the time of the attacks.

I need to find out what is causing them.
I need to know if there is anything to prevent them.

No comments: