Friday, November 21, 2008

Bedtime blues

I am trying so hard to get Justin to fall asleep at night without calling us 10 times over 2 hours. He is driving us insane. I am trying.

Tonight was a little better.

I let him stay up a little later than Sarah and I let him draw and helped him spell a little. When he went to bed, he called just twice. Once to ask for his costume box back. (I had taken it away last night during the bedtime fighting.) Then he called again 15 minutes later. I went in and gave him a strike and took away his tv privledges for tomorrow. (He can watch tv but it will be Sarah's choice each time.) Then he told me why he called me. He was scared by a cob web hanging from his ceiling. He asked if he still lost his tv rights. Tough one, huh? I told him that if he behaved great the rest of the night I might erase his mark the same way Mrs Chmiel does for good behaivor. So tough. I want to prove my point, but I can also understand why he called. Ugh!

Why can't the kid just sleep at night?

When I listened in on him - he was wide awake. His eyes were WIDE open. And he was talking to himself. "Why does she always punish me at night? This is so boring!"

Being a parent can really be tough at times.

No comments: