Thanksgiving was a little rough for Sarah this year. But I think I jinxed her. We went to St Mary's hospital yesterday so dh could get some bloodwork. As I walked past the ER, pushing Sarah in her stroller, I told her how amazed I was that she hadn't been there yet. Yeah - I know - Big, stupid, fat mistake! (Justin had been there right after his 2nd birthday. He had fallen on the Washock's driveway while we were at Danielle's bday party. He needed 2 staples in his head.)
So, last evening, Mick and I were in the kitchen while the kids were watching tv in the living room. Big Thud! Sarah Screaming! Oh crap. She fell off the recliner. She said her wrist hurt but she got over it and seemed fine once the tears stopped. Then she kept saying "oowie" some of the time. Then she started favoring her left hand. (which is her dominant hand) Then she stopped using it all together. I ended up calling the doctor right before 8pm to ask what to look for.
Sarah slept fine last night. At midnight though she started crying. I turned on the monitor to watch her. She was sitting up, trying to get her lovie without using her left hand. It was so obvious how much it was hurting her. But she fell back asleep after 5 minutes or so.
This morning she woke up crying and yelling "owie" again. Same thing. Not using it at all. She would hold it all the way down to her side. And she would struggle to do things with her right hand.
Ended up taking her to - that's right - the St Mary's hospital ER. Crazy, huh? What a jinx I am! So, anyway, we got there around 9:30am or so. No one was there. They took us right away! She hated the x-rays and just cried and cried. But luckily there was no break. The doctor suspected Nursemaid's elbow. He had me hold her, he pulled on her arm, and POP, back into place. She didn't even cry. But within a minute, she started crying "owie" again. Poor baby. They gave her motrin and they had me wait about a half hour to see how it was at that point. Sure enough, after about 25 minutes, she started using it a little, not much, but it was a start. We went home. She was fine by noon. Crazy. You would never have known anything had happened to her.
And on a side note - my kids are way too sweet. Justin will go places and get things and always want to share them with Sarah. Example - he went to see Bee Movie last week and got popcorn. Right away, he told Mick that he couldn't wait to share some of his popcorn with Sarah when he got home. So sweet, right?
So today, the Xray guy put a Scooby sticker for her to look at when he took her pictures. Then he gave it to her. Later the doctor gave her a balloon with a Dora sticker and a Dalmation sticker. When we were leaving, she kept asking me if I had the Scooby sticker b/c she wanted to give it to Justin. And when we got home, she couldn't wait to give it to him.
I just love these kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment