Saturday, May 26, 2007

A mommy first

For a lot of people this might not seem strange. But to me it is VERY strange.
I am a SAHM. I have been all along. I don't let my kids go anywhere without me. So if they know someone, I know them. And if someone knows them, I know them. So...

We were at the Memorial Day parade this past Weds and the kids were having a blast. We were sitting on the curb with our legs in the street. The kids were sitting so nicely. And then the got into the whole jumping up and running out to get candy thing. It was all very cute.

Then someone yells out "Hi Justin!" He smiles and waves back. Mick looks at me. I look at him. "Who is that?" we both ask. Neither of us knows this lady. What? How does someone know Justin if I don't know who they are? We asked Justin. "She's a teacher Mommy." I figured it out before Mick. "Oh upstairs." His class often gets together with the other 3 yr old preschool class that is upstairs. "Uh huh. With bumpy headed Meghan." lmao We refer to our previous playgroup friend, Meghan G as that because of her curly hair.

So, anyway, it was just a weird, weird moment for me. I know it will happen a lot but this was the first time and it was strange.

No comments: